[Cialug] networking problems

Kenneth Ristau kristau at kristau.net
Sat Jul 16 22:02:15 CDT 2005

n.d wrote:
> yep. i've tried with their dns and my own. both resolve the same from
> what i can tell. from what i can tell its a routing problem, but then
> what do i know.

What is the output from the commands 'host' and 'dig' for each of the
hosts you are having trouble with?  Do you get a different result when
you query an alternative DNS?  If you'd like, try setting your DNS
server to mine (ns.kristau.net) and let me know if you are getting the
same results.

Here's what I get from 'host' for each of the samples listed in your