[Cialug] Software Freedom Day Poster call out

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Thu Jul 14 19:36:28 CDT 2005

I think the original idea, which I liked, of Dave's was:

1. We have a "normal" flyer/poster for handing out, which could have a
origami theme -- why not.

2. We have a second larger free standing origami penguin which
advertises the event. Imagine it standing by the the doorway at
Barnes & Noble; a three or four foot penguin. So.. we would need the
origami "outline" and someone who knows how to fold that sucker to
get a good design. Maybe we can stick that advert on his tummy?

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 15:38 -0500, Theron Conrey wrote:
> I was thinking that you make a penguin, unfold it write the steps on it,
> and use that as a hand-out.... with information in white space of course.
>
> Theron
>

> Kenneth Ristau wrote:
>
> >Kevin C. Smith wrote:
> >

> >>We need an artist to create a poster.
> >>
> >>Who was our artist that did the demo poster a while ago?
> >>See our wiki regarding Software Freedom Day.
> >>
> >>We also have a challenge.
> >>Not only do we need a "normal" poster, but an origami penguin
> >>poster would also be great.
> >>Can our origami guy (Ken?) team up with artist guy?
> >>

> >It's crappy, but I mocked up a poster in Gimp with a bit of an origami
> >theme.  Check it out at the following URL:
> >
> >http://www.kristau.net/cialug_poster/
> >
> >As you can tell, IANAA (I Am Not An Artist).
> >
> >later,
> >kristau

Kevin C. Smith