[Cialug] thinnet cable

Kenneth Ristau kristau at kristau.net
Mon Jul 11 21:13:26 CDT 2005

Nathan C. Smith wrote:

> I've finally decided that the age of thinnet cable is over and I'm going to
> dump a couple hundred feet of it.  The Yankee in me demands that I make sure
> nobody else can use it before I do.
>
> For those of you too young to remember thinnet was a thin coaxial cable used
> in a bus configuration for Ethernet.
>
> If for some godforsaken reason you are still using it let me know if you
> need it.
>
> -Nate

Ahh, those were the days.  Built my first home network for $20.  The
cable and network cards were free, but CompUSA still sold the BNC tees
and terminators.  Doubt they do any more.  If anyone takes this cable
off of Nate's hands, I can probably dig up my old tees and terminators
for you too.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night