[Cialug] SSH

David Stout ragbrai65 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 10:51:36 CDT 2005

Yes I do have a dynamic IP at work and at home.

Jeff Davis <jeff at dynamictelecard.com> wrote:Yes.

Some hurdles will be:
Is outgoing ssh traffic allowed from your workplace?

I'm guessing you have a dynamic IP and some sort
of router on a broadband connection.

Your router/modem will need to pass WAN traffic
from port 22 to your linux box on port 22.

SSH must be running on your linux box of course.

Sort of depends on your set up and hardware, but
this is a pretty common occurance.
(Giving more detail will get you a better answer from the group.)

-Jeff

David Stout wrote:
> Is it possible to SSH from my windows box at work into my LINUX box at home. Both on different networks?
>

> David Stout
> Business Forms Analyst
> http://mail.yahoo.com

David Stout