[Cialug] Cisco 678 ADSL router.

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Mon Jul 11 09:54:05 CDT 2005

Claus wrote:
> On 7/10/2005 10:22 PM, Dave Weis wrote:
>

>> On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, bofh at visi.com wrote:
>>
>>> For just plain PnP DSL, it's not bad.
>>> However, I'm doing a bit more with transparent rfc1483 bridging to
>>> a--for
>>> now--linksys vpn router.  The lack of a serial port for monitoring
>>> what's
>>> happening with the connection is just driving me insane.
>>

>> You can telnet to the actiontec with username/password of admin and
>> poke around. It's running Linux. The web interface also shows some of
>> the info.
>

> I didn't think the actiontec supports bridging.  Am I wrong or has the
> firmware changed since I looked at it?

Something I'm planning to do Real Soon Now(tm) - I have the white
Actiontec that requires the goofy wireless card, but I have a perfectly
good d-link router / AP... so I was going to set the Actiontec to put
the d-link in it's DMZ, and use the d-link for everything else.

Not 100% sure this will work - there is the potential that going thru 2
routers will cause issues with certain protocols, but I'll give it a try.

-dc