[Cialug] Runlevel editing on Debian

D. Joe Anderson deejoe at raccoon.com
Fri Jul 1 15:39:04 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 03:30:04PM -0500, Nathan C. Smith wrote:

> Are there any handy tools like sysvnt for Debian?  Is editing the files the
> preferred way of setting service to start?

I think the preferred way is update-rc.d, but I've never gotten
any good at that.

I usually install rcconf, which is pretty simple to use.  Given
that Debian doesn't use quite the range of runlevels as does
Redhat or IRIX, I find it sufficient.

--
D. Joe Anderson         http://www.etrumeus.com/~deejoe
"DRM [...] is to copyright law as a machine gun on