gui configuration of firewalls, was: Re: [Cialug] ATA IDE Card

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:46:59 -0600

david l goodrich wrote:
> Bryan Baker wrote:
>
>> On Jan 31, 2005, at 12:13 PM, David Champion wrote:
>>
>>> What happened to the Windows configurator that Coyote LRP used to
>>> offer? I don't see it on their web site. http://coyotelinux.com/
>>

>> Just poked around:
>> http://www.coyotelinux.com/downloads/channel.php?ChannelID=5
>> It's there.
>

> what about m0n0wall?  it's got a handy-dandy web configurator built in.
>
> granted, rewriting the rc scripts in php strikes me as ... odd... but
> apparently it's quite a nice product.  http://m0n0.ch/wall/
>   --waldo

I think Bryan was talking about Coyote, because it would forgo the
requirement of having the HD and HD controller.

I've been experimenting with the Shorewall module for Webmin. Seems to
do pretty well so far. For LAN parties, I've used it to set QoS
priorities, and to block the SMB ports on the outgoing connection so
people with virus/spyware infected PC's don't hog the pipe.

"It's so easy, even *I* can do it."

-dc