[Cialug] ATA IDE Card

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:13:56 -0600

shadow wrote:
> Bryan Baker wrote:
>
>> So, if it's just a firewall, why not use Coyote or something similar,
>> and just use a floppy?
>>
>> On Jan 30, 2005, at 2:02 AM, shadow wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering if anyone had a ATA 100 or 133 IDE Card for
>>> cheap/free ? I have a needy neighbor that needs one. it is for their
>>> soon to be linux firewall.
>>>
>> --
>> Bryan Baker
>>
> kinda a selfish thing on my part I want to make it so they can maintain
> it they are primarily windoze users so they need a good gui

(this top post / bottom post stuff is annoying. Pick one and stick with
it! Go with the flow.)

What happened to the Windows configurator that Coyote LRP used to offer?
I don't see it on their web site. http://coyotelinux.com/

I don't know your end user, but in my experience the chances that the
average joe (not to be confused with your average deejoe) user is going
to try to "maintain" their firewall is slim to none.

-dc