[Cialug] Hijack This! (Equivalent on Linux?)

Andrew Lietzow cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:26:43 -0600

Cialug'ers,
I've both done a lot on this problem, and not near enough.   Some idiots
in the world have decided to hijack my server as a Relay host for
Spam.   I have only three entries in my /etc/mail/relay-domains listing,
and these entries are NOT the domain from which they accomplish this spoof.

I am using sendmail 8.13.1.  Have not had a problem with this in the
past until recently.   Apparently, I've relaxed my controls but I can't
understand how they can relay if I haven't enabled it.   I thought 8.9
and above defaulted to relaying denied?

I'll keep digging but help is much appreciated.   I'm getting hundreds
of messages about bounced mail and that is how I discovered them.

TIA,

Andrew L.