[Cialug] Wheel mouse ain't wheelin' no more

Aaron Thompson cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:34:14 -0600

You could check your X-config; perhaps one of the default, or otherwise
tweaked settings has changed.

Somewhere in your XF86Config or XF86Config-4 file you could make sure
your using mouse type ImPS/2. If your mouse is working, just futs with
the 'Protocol' line.

Here is mine:

---</etc/X11/XF86Config-4>---
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection
---</etc/X11/XF86Config-4>---

... of course if you do this you'll need to restart X to get the changes
to take effect.

Good luck.

@