[Cialug] RE: UBUNTU

James Shoemaker cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:15:42 -0600

albus wrote:
> I've played with it now for a couple of days and so far I LOVE it.
> It even has a slick update utility. And it finds any and all deps and
> correctly installs
> them. I havn't yet tried burnig a cdrom or anything fancy, but so far so
> good.

	It is based on Debian so of course it's package system is superb.  Us
debian users have enjoyed a package system that just works for years
now.  Of course our installer has been (and still is) a bit rough (OK it
sucks).  Ubuntu sounds like it has taken debian's packages and wrapped
an easy to install distro around it.  I may have to take a look at it
sometime.

James