[Cialug] RE: UBUNTU

Dave J. Hala Jr. cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:43:58 -0600

I just downloaded and ran the Ubuntu live cd.

It was nice to run gnome with a nice clean install devoid of all of
applications you never run... Wow, looks like they know how to make a
first impression... They have my first pick for applications, as the
default email client was evolution, browser was firefox and a install of
open office. They are some games and the a few basic utilities

The 2.6 kernel is nice. My guess is that is why gnome feels so
responsive. It sure makes my RHEL WS look "rough", but then again, we
are comparing bananas and grapes.

:) Dave