[Cialug] Pulling my hair out over DNS issues?

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:39:12 -0600

Yes, your domain does work from the "outside".

 From the inside, if you do a "ping www.hostascience.com", does it
attempt the internal IP, 192.168.0.2, or 192.168.0.10?

I have the same kind of setup at home. I was previously using DSL in
bridging mode, and my d-link router worked fine with this
(www.dchamp.net would resolve properly from the inside of my network). I
now have an actiontec DSL modem / router, and have the same problem you
do. It would be ideal to figure out what it is the d-link router does to
make this work... and make the actiontec to the same.

-dc