[Cialug] VoIP

Tom Pohl cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:54:24 -0600

If you mean asterisk (http://www.asterisk.org), no you don't need a
regular phone line!  There are services like vonage or voice pulse that
can integrate a DiD over the internet to your local pbx (asterisk)
server from which you can do lots of neat stuff!

Voice Pulse's connect service is pretty slick
(http://connect.voicepulse.com) and supports several lower bandwidth
CODECs.  I prefer GSM in case anyone is interested.

-Tom