[Cialug] Adhesive

Nathan C. Smith cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:24:09 -0600

Sometimes you can use a compressed air cleaner.
Turn it upside down so it sprays frozen C02 or whatever the propellant is.
Don't touch it.  Thoroughly freeze the adhesive and then use a plastic
scraper, cardboard or razor blade (choose 1) and try to remove the adhesive.
It might crack off in flakes.  This mostly works with adhesive that are
still pliable to some degree and tapes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee [mailto:leeh@csi-rics.com]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 10:05 AM
To: Cialug@Cialug.Org
Subject: [Cialug] Adhesive

Well, it's finally happened. I've found an adhesive left over from a sticker
on a PC case that I can't remove. The old standbys don't seem to get rid of
this stuff. Does anyone know if the off the shelf PC cleaning products
disolve adhesive? It's a glossy case so I want to be carefull about using
anything to harsh on the plastic.

Thanks!