[Cialug] Linux Equivalent

Dave J. Hala Jr. cialug@cialug.org
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:28:57 -0600

I downloaded it (pclinux and NVU) last night and gave it try. It is a
nice distro.  I like having kde 3.3 as the default wm...

As for NVU, I like the linux version better. It worked well, but its
still incomplete. The Wysiwyg layout is missing some things and isn't
very intuitive. However, its not bad. I worked with it for about 2 hours
and continually made progress.  I think it will be *awesome* when it
hits version 1.0

I'll look at it again in a couple of months.  For now, it looks like its
going to be Go-Live.  I'm choosing Go-live, because for me it has the
most intuitive layout editor. I can create a process, then quickly
prototype it so I (and others) can see what its going to look like.

The trick here is to be able to layout the pages in a wysiwyg editor
faster than I can in a text editor. I can still do the little things
faster in the text editor, but the large (most of it will be large
pages) pages with alot of formatting go much faster with Go-live.

With Go-live, I can choose a layout a grid, put all the items I need on
there really quick, move them around and tweak stuff really fast. After
I get the gui the way I want it, and I can add my php code, etc.

The whole premise here is that I'm trying to be more productive.

Again, thanks for your help and all the tips.

:) Dave