[Cialug] OT, big time. If you named your child NUL

Dave Weis cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:24:06 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Nathan C. Smith wrote:
> If you had a child, (an maybe you were missing a few marbles) and you named
> your child Nul.  Would you mess up databases like the IRS DMV or . ..?
> would you have to name them nul or null to cause the most problems?

I'm going to name the next one " 'OR 1 = '1 ". I always wanted an SQL
injection attack for my offspring.

I hope mine is born before NULL. Hopefull it will be stored in Oracle so
the NULL behavior is never quite the same on any particular database.

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis@sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent