[Cialug] test 2

Jon Clemons cialug@cialug.org
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:20:38 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0079_01C4F59D.FD704340

Mr Stout, the message Mr Champion sent was tactful and he even said =
"please" so he was being polite.
I have met and talked to Mr Champion a time or two and he knows other =
words besides ones that start with the letter "P"
and some even have fewer letters than "please":)
He was doing his job as list moderator by letting you know that was not =
appropriate and doing it via the list
avoided anyone else saying it to you which I am sure a few might have if =
Mr Champion had not done so. Doing it via the list
also serves as a reminder to others that they should not do it in case =
they forgot or were unaware.
You are correct about some other meaningless emails coming through on =
occasion and I have also seen some
go by unnoticed but no system or nobody is perfect. Although if I recall =
you did do it twice in succession so that is why it didn't slip by =
unnoticed:)  You have to understand the nature of mailing lists and some =
have thousands of members and when people send inappropriate messages it =
is an even bigger deal.=20

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Stout=20
  To: cialug@cialug.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 3:19 PM
  Subject: Re: [Cialug] test 2

  Hey Mr. Champion you could have been a little more tactful. Was it =
really necessary to rem me out in front of everyone on this list.=20

  My deepest apology's go out to anyone I inconvenienced by sending out =
my test e-mail. I really had no idea this would have such a large impact =
on everyone. It really should not be that hard to push the delete =
button. Furthermore I have seen peoples meaningless e-mails several =
times.=20

  The next time you don't like something that someone does you can tell =
them in private. I always though of everyone in this group as mature and =
intelligent I guess I was wrong.

  David Champion <dave@visionary.com> wrote:
    David Stout wrote:
    > This is the last one.

    We can only hope so.

    This is not appropriate. You're sending an email test to over 150=20
    people. Over 149 of them don't care.

    Kevin's earlier test was to test new email server rules to the =
CIALUG=20
    server.

    If you need to test your email server or client, please choose =
another=20
    method. I'm sure you all either have another email account, or know =
a=20
    person you can send a test email to.

    -dc

  David Stout
  Business Forms Analyst & Student

  There is a lot of power in being powerless

  All your favorites on one personal page - Try My Yahoo!
------=_NextPart_000_0079_01C4F59D.FD704340

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mr Stout, the message Mr Champion sent =
was tactful=20
and he even said "please" so he was being polite.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have met and talked to Mr Champion a =
time or two=20
and he knows other words besides ones that start with the letter=20
"P"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>and some even have fewer letters than=20
"please":)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>He was doing his job as list moderator =
by letting=20
you know that was not appropriate and doing it via the list</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>avoided anyone else saying it to you =
which I am=20
sure a few might&nbsp;have if Mr Champion had not done so. Doing it via =
the=20
list</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>also serves as&nbsp;</FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>a reminder to others that they should not do it&nbsp;in case =
they forgot=20
or were unaware.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You are correct about some other =
meaningless emails=20
coming through on occasion and I have also seen some</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>go by unnoticed but no system or nobody =
is perfect.=20
Although if I recall you did do it twice in succession so&nbsp;that is =
why it=20
didn't slip by unnoticed:) &nbsp;You have to understand the nature of =
mailing=20
lists and some have thousands of members and </FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>when=20
people send inappropriate messages it is an even bigger deal. =
</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dragbrai65@yahoo.com =
href=3D"mailto:ragbrai65@yahoo.com">David Stout</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dcialug@cialug.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:cialug@cialug.org">cialug@cialug.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, January 08, =
2005 3:19=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Cialug] test =
2</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Hey Mr. Champion you could have been a little more tactful. Was =
it really=20
  necessary to rem me out in front of everyone on this list. </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>My deepest apology's go out to anyone I inconvenienced by sending =
out my=20
  test e-mail. I really had no idea this would have such a large impact =
on=20
  everyone. It really&nbsp;should not be that hard to push the delete =
button.=20
  Furthermore I have seen peoples meaningless e-mails several times. =
</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>The next time you don't like something that someone does you can =
tell=20
  them in private. I always though of everyone in this group as mature =
and=20
  intelligent I guess I was wrong.<BR><BR><B><I>David Champion=20
  &lt;dave@visionary.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=3Dreplbq=20
  style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px =
solid">David=20
    Stout wrote:<BR>&gt; This is the last one.<BR><BR>We can only hope=20
    so.<BR><BR>This is not appropriate. You're sending an email test to =
over 150=20
    <BR>people. Over 149 of them don't care.<BR><BR>Kevin's earlier test =
was to=20
    test new email server rules to the CIALUG <BR>server.<BR><BR>If you =
need to=20
    test your email server or client, please choose another <BR>method. =
I'm sure=20
    you all either have another email account, or know a <BR>person you =
can send=20
    a test email to.<BR><BR></NEEDS a beer=20
    =
mode><BR><BR>-dc<BR><BR>_______________________________________________<B=
R>Cialug=20
    mailing=20
    =
list<BR>Cialug@cialug.org<BR>http://cialug.org/mailman/listinfo/cialug<BR=
></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>David=20
  Stout<BR>Business Forms Analyst &amp; Student<BR><BR>There is a lot of =
power=20
  in being powerless
  <P>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR>All your favorites on one personal page =96 <A=20
  href=3D"http://my.yahoo.com">Try My =
Yahoo!</A></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0079_01C4F59D.FD704340--