[Cialug] Poor man's hot-swappable hard drive

Daniel Wittenberg cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:30:41 -0600

IDE like that wasn't ment to be hot-swappable, so you could definitely
fry something.  You might get lucky and have it work, maybe not.  Your
OS would also have to know how to rescan for IDE changes, which usually
only happens with SCSI/FW/USB.  I think they do make hot-swap IDE disk
carriers, and obviously scsi/firewire work as well.  I would suggest
just buying an external USB or firewire drive and using that instead.

Dan