[Cialug] wireless recommendations

Claus cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 08:44:34 -0600

I decided to stay away from the Sveasoft firmware as long as I can.  All
the discussion about the non-compliance to the GPL has me wondering
about the trustworthiness of the software.  Especially eerie is that the
discussion forums have been made private. Basically I don't even know
what I'm missing out on. :p As long as the standard firmware does what I
want I'm happy.  Also I doubt that you really need any special firmware
to hook up the Tivo and other wireless devices to your network.

http://slashdot.org/~TheIndividual/journal/ Has more info about that as
well as links to publicly downloadable Sveasoft firmware.