[Cialug] OT: Map geekery, was Alternative for Microsoft products?

D. Joe Anderson cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:37:53 -0600

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:25:05PM -0600, Chris Hilton wrote:
> http://www.randmcnally.com/
> ^^far better than mapquest.
>
> And when you are on the road, they sell paper versions.

And, for finer detail, street guides are a treat.  I'm partial
to the statewide DeLorme gazeteers, which are <$20 per state.
They are detailed enough to show every little street, and any
topography with countours.  The scale doesn't permit any but the
main streets to be labeled, though.

> People did live before computers, and they had roads between
> the time they all led to Rome and the time the laptop was
> invented.

What was that guy's name?  Nick something?

--
Joe