[Cialug] Network Layout

Claus cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 04 Jan 2005 11:14:39 -0600

On 1/4/2005 12:26 AM, Don Cady wrote:
>>Network Layout (proposal):
>>==========================
>>Best is to look at a picture of it at:
>> http://www.public.iastate.edu/~cniesen/future-network.jpg
>
> Neat picture, howdya make it?!

I'd rather not tell. :) (MS Visio, because it was available.)

The question wether the WLAN access point shoud run its own DHCP server
seems to be a mute point as the Linksys WRT54GS doesn't has a bridging
unless I get the Sveasoft firmware for $20 but that seems to be silly if
I'm just going to make it a dumb bridge.  So I'll end up with NAT and
DHCP and pray that double NATing doesn't give me to much problems.

   Claus

PS: All references of WAN im my original post should have been WLAN.