[Cialug] Advice on a replacement box in the Ames area

Michael Osten cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:27:31 -0600

--Apple-Mail-3--217483890

On Jan 3, 2005, at 4:04 PM, Stephen Hawkins wrote:

> CIALUG,
>
> It is a long painful story that I won't go into.  Lets just say that I
> am
> short one computer.  I am looking for a place in the Ames area to pick
> up a
> semi inexpensive replacement box tomorrow (Tuesday).  It need only
> have case,
> mother board, and cpu.  It needs to be a Celeron or P3 between 700mhz
> and 1g,
> that will take a 512mb stick of SDRAM.  I have everything
> else..ie,...drives,
> memory, keyboard, etc.  It has been a bad day.
>
> Thanks for any advice,
> Steve

I've got two boxes that I'd sell if anyone was interested.

1.

2U rackmount case
P3 800 CPU
256 ram
20 gig hd
built in cdrom, video, ethernet, usb, and sound

$150

2.

4U rackmount case
Dual P3 1Ghz
1 gig ram
Adaptec Ultra 380 Scsi adapter
75 gig barracuda scsi 10,000rpm drive
plexor scsi cdrom burner
Nvidea video
sound, ethernet, usb built in.

$250

I'm in Grinnell, but I suppose I could deliver on a weekend, or it
could be picked up.
--
Michael Osten
http://www.bleepyou.com/~mosten/pgp.txt