[Cialug] Cluster

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:04:24 -0600

--=_alternative 0068C63686256FB6_=

cialug-admin@cialug.org wrote on 02/28/2005 12:46:26 PM:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:39:08 -0600, Lee <leeh@csi-rics.com> wrote:
> > I apologize if so, but may have asked this question before. Has anyone
on
> > the list setup a Linux based cluster? If so I'm just curious what
(hardware
> > / software) you found to work best.
>
> I started with Debian & FAI for the OS, and we've run Sun Grid Engine,
> Condor, a home grown scheduler, and a few other "solutions" for job
> scheduling. For hardware, you just can't beat Opterons these days. So
> freaking fast.

I would be interested in this too.  I am looking for some solution to
support distributed software compiles and distributed nightly testing (we
already have the frame work for the nightly testing, just interested in
distributing it across multiple machines since the tests take 8+ hours to
run right now on two machines right now)

Anyone else using clusters for this type of stuff?

johnl

--=_alternative 0068C63686256FB6_=

PM:<br>
&gt; On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:39:08 -0600, Lee &lt;leeh@csi-rics.com&gt;
wrote:<br>
&gt; &gt; I apologize if so, but may have asked this question before. Has
anyone on<br>
&gt; &gt; the list setup a Linux based cluster? If so I'm just curious
what (hardware<br>
&gt; &gt; / software) you found to work best.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I started with Debian &amp; FAI for the OS, and we've run Sun Grid
Engine,<br>
&gt; Condor, a home grown scheduler, and a few other &quot;solutions&quot;
for job<br>
&gt; scheduling. For hardware, you just can't beat Opterons these days.
So<br>
&gt; freaking fast.</tt></font>
for some solution to support distributed software compiles and distributed
nightly testing (we already have the frame work for the nightly testing,
just interested in distributing it across multiple machines since the tests
take 8+ hours to run right now on two machines right now)</tt></font>
</tt></font>
--=_alternative 0068C63686256FB6_=--