[Cialug] Baby Google

Nathan C. Smith cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:37:14 -0600

Check out Alkaline:
'http://alkaline.vestris.com/'

-Nate

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee [mailto:leeh@csi-rics.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:35 AM
To: cialug@cialug.org
Subject: RE: [Cialug] Baby Google

Industry specific search engines were a big thing in the late 90s. The
problem was nobody could make a profit. So despite the tools usefullness to
a few. They couldn't justify the lack of a bottom line. The type of search
your thinking of has generally been incorporated into somones value-added
somethig or other. And requires a fee to a given service.

With that said I honestly don't know whos left in the search engine market,
beyond the big guys of course. But there is plenty of search engine and
crawler tools out there. So it would probably come down to a do-it-yourself
project.

But maybe someone on the list can give better advice than I.