[Cialug] Iowa Municipal Telecom Legisation

Dave J. Hala Jr. cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:50:08 -0600

Its another example of Republican Bush-O-nomics.  Its more legislation
sold under the guise of "Improving the business Environment" Basically,
its eliminating community players in potential Telco markets.

I wouldn't be surprised if a new bill popped up saying that ISP's had to
use MS servers, in order to protect us from Cyber Terrorism. Its a such
load of crap.

Internet infrastucture should be a public utility, if a community would
choose to have it that way... Communities should not be hampered by this
Kind of B.S.   They don't need feasibility studies, they have the
community to answer to.

It offends me to the point where I become almost insane enough to run
for public office.