[Cialug] OT: Linux World magazine emails

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:38:41 -0600

I'm getting spammed from a Bill Grindle <surveys@columbus.rr.com>,
offering Linux World Magazine if you fill out a survey. Are others
getting spammed by this too? His email claims "So far  other members of
Central Iowa Linux User Group have taken advantage of the offer..."

I've asked him to stop, after he sent several to me in one day. I
suspect it's a spambot. Notice the extra space between "far" and
"other". I'm guessing that's where his spambot program is supposed to
insert a number, but it's zero, so it leaves it blank. :)

A quick google search for "Bill Grindle" finds that he's spamming other
LUG's with the same offer, and some of them think it's fishy too.

Spammers suck.

-dc