[Cialug] pocketpc's

Dave J. Hala Jr. cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:34:38 -0600

Maybe I'm just old and crochety, but I had color treo 600 and found web
surfing and email to be a rather painful experience on it. In fact it
was almost useless. Small keyboard, small screen, etc.  The display is
hard to read outside, etc.

I guess you could say that you could add the external keyboard and all
the add-ons, but if you count all that in, for the same amount of money
you could buy a cheap laptop and be better off. If you're walking around
on campus, you're probably carrying a book bag, right? Just throw a
cheap laptop in there and be done with it.

If you are carrying a some type of organizer and a cell phone, then the
treo is a good way to combine devices.

If money is not an issue, I'd buy one of the smaller powerbooks. Besides
being cool, they have a really long battery life and are fairly small
for a laptop.