[Cialug] HTML in vi (Was: I've got the MAC bug...)

Kenneth Ristau cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:10:41 -0600

Dave J. Hala Jr. wrote:
> There's always one in the bunch, isn't there?   I used to think that
> people were nuts when they said they've edited html in vi -until I did
> it!!

If I have only minor edits, I've no problem firing up vi to code HTML.
Minor edits can be anything from a couple of characters (read: typos)
changed, to whole sections of text added (read: club meeting minutes).

If I'm doing any serious amount of HTML, I prefer the oft-overlooked,
java-based Arachnophilia (http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia).  I'm
willing to overlook the fact that it is slightly less than zippy on my
500MHz laptop due to the fact that the guy who wrote it seems really
cool.  It isn't Freeware, it isn't Shareware. . . it's Careware.

Anyway, in homage to the original topic, "I've got the MAC bug..." I
will add that I'm in the market for a PowerBook.  I want one.  My old
PIII Celeron laptop is showing its age.  If anyone catches wind of
someone willing to let a used G4 go at a fair price, please let me know.

thanks,
kristau