[Cialug] nagios cgi

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Wed Dec 28 14:43:23 CST 2005

I've got nagios up and running happily, but I can't get the cgi modules
configured.

I can get to the main page, and the documentatino, but clicking on any
cgi module gives "Error: Could not read object configuration data!"

I created contacts, added contacts to contactgroups, added contactgroups
to hosts, added users that match contacts to the htaccess files, added
those users to cgi.cfg to authorized_for_*, and still no luck

this is on mandriva 2006, the nagios-www rpm provided the apache
configs, but they differ from what the nagios docs say.  nagios has

AllowOverride AuthConfig
order allow,deny
allow from all

in the cgi <Directory>'s, but mandriva has just

order deny, allow
deny from all

(all of the rest is the same).  changing them to match doesn't help.

am I missing anything obvious?

-barry