[Cialug] Qwest DSL

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Mon Dec 26 18:04:24 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 15:24 -0600, Dave Weis wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, Kevin C. Smith wrote:
> > History: I upgraded from Qwest's DSL Deluxe 1.5Mbps/896Mbps service
> > to their Prime service 3-5Mbps/896Mbps.
> > Result: With Deluxe I was getting at least 1.5Mbps down and 950Mbps up.
> > Now I get 2.5Mbps down and 500Mbps up. The router reports
> > 3072Mbps/640Mbps.
> > Question: I didn't expect the upload to be dropped by the upgrade.
> > Is there a technical reason for this, or should I be giving them a
> > call.
>
> Call Qwest repair at 800-244-1111 and have them fix it. You should be
> able to get 3 megs x 1 meg still.
>
> If you want some big pipe, check this one out. Dual 7 meg bonded DSL:
> Length: 104,857,600 (100M) [text/plain]
>
> 15% [====>                                ] 16,095,944     1.51M/s    ETA
> 01:15
>
> That's big M as megabytes. I like the Sangoma DSL cards a lot more now. I
> will probably order a few more and can demo them next month if we meet at
> VSL in Urbandale.
>
> dave

They will not. They say that the premium package has a lower upload then
the Deluxe package. If you read the website it looks like the same
upload; I mentioned this, but they weren't willing to admit that.
He also stated the that Premium gives up up to 3Mbps. I mentioned that
the website stated 3-5Mbps. He didn't believe that either.

Dave, want a new customer?

--
Kevin C. Smith

When an objection cannot be made formidable, there is some policy in
trying to make it frightful; and to substitute the yell and the
war-whoop, in the place of reason, argument, and good order.
                                                     -- Thomas Paine