[Cialug] Qwest DSL

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Mon Dec 26 11:32:33 CST 2005

History: I upgraded from Qwest's DSL Deluxe 1.5Mbps/896Mbps service
to their Prime service 3-5Mbps/896Mbps.

Result: With Deluxe I was getting at least 1.5Mbps down and 950Mbps up.
Now I get 2.5Mbps down and 500Mbps up. The router reports
3072Mbps/640Mbps.

Question: I didn't expect the upload to be dropped by the upgrade.
Is there a technical reason for this, or should I be giving them a
call.

I may just switch back to the Deluxe.

--
Kevin C. Smith

When an objection cannot be made formidable, there is some policy in
trying to make it frightful; and to substitute the yell and the
war-whoop, in the place of reason, argument, and good order.
                                                     -- Thomas Paine