[Cialug] OT: Seagate and Maxtor thing again.

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Thu Dec 22 11:45:16 CST 2005

Aaron Porter wrote:
> On 12/21/05, Nathan C. Smith <smith at ipmvs.com> wrote:
>
>>Or get a scuzzy wife and skip the problems
>
>  Right, because SCSI disks *NEVER* fail. If you run enough computers for
> enough time you'll get bitten by every drive mfgr, every technology. They
> all suck.

That's why I've decided to backup my mp3 collection to punch cards. The
main drawback is I'm going to need to build a huge warehouse to store my
  collection. If I re-encode everything down from 192kbps to 128kbps I
can reduce the size by a about 200,000 square feet.

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/08/01/one_3_min_mp3_59_hig.html

-dc