[Cialug] MythTV note for DirectTV users

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Dec 15 18:23:28 CST 2005

So does it work?

_*_

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com>
To: cialug at cialug.org <cialug at cialug.org>
Sent: Thu Dec 15 18:20:21 2005
Subject: [Cialug] MythTV note for DirectTV users

Well, I thought I was going to have to go the irblaster route to get
myth to change channels on my DirectTV D-10 300 tuner.  This is the Best
Buy, freebie tuner you often get.

Turns out it does in fact have a serial port...but what they did was
cover the port with a black sticker. The entire plate on the back is
black so I didn't even notice this after having looked it over a few times.

Here's the link that helped me figure it all out:

http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2005-October/107586.html

I know, highly specialized...but worth mentioning once.

--Tony