[Cialug] free and not free hardware

Anthony Jeffries ajeffri at loopysite.org
Wed Dec 14 19:25:44 CST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 05:36:19PM -0600, Dave Weis wrote:

> Not Free:
> Cobalt Raq2, capable of running debian, have orignal hard drive and
> another drive that has original install, $20
> IBM Netfinity 4000R 1U server, probably P3 in the 500-600 mhz range, 256
> megs, 2 9 gig scsi, only one bracket, $50

I can't pick up stuff tonight, but I'd be interested in these if they're
still available.

> Free:
> FreeGate 1U rackmount "appliance thing", has two removable drives, looked
> like 10 gig or so, not sure what it is or how to crack it
> DLink DWL-900AP+, mostly working, probably needs firmware update
>
> Strong preference given to people that can retrieve these fastest,
> preferably tonight.

Not interested in these, however. A googling says the freegate thing is a
do-it-all net appliance on a 166 MHz processor with a modified FreeBSD.
Also, I have *way* too much wireless crap in my apartment right now.

--
Tony Jeffries
ajeffri at loopysite.org