[Cialug] F'n Opt-in Spammers

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Dec 9 08:47:38 CST 2005

Ok, I've been running TMDA happily now for nearly 9 months and I'm
*very* happy with it as it's eliminated nearly all my spam.  However,
I'm still amazed at the number of idiots that will confirm the TMDA
message to get spam through.  Naturally I take them off the confirmed
list and add them to the blacklist.

My question, however, is there should be something I can do with these
a-holes.  I mean, they are legit email addresses which, IMHO, means
there should be something more substantive I can do since they aren't
spoofed addresses.  Is there?  Granted this only happens a few times per
month but it still really angers me.

--Tony