[Cialug] Mysql upgrades

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Dec 5 12:07:07 CST 2005

I've done some preliminary tests upgrading from 4.0.22 to 5.x.  I simply
did a mysqldump (offline which is important if you use innodb) and
reimported it and it seemed to work just fine on a fairly large database
(180M dump file).  Haven't had a chance to really check out all the
nook-and-crannies but it seems to have works so far.

--Tony