[Cialug] Mysql upgrades

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Mon Dec 5 11:42:19 CST 2005

Nathan C. Smith wrote:
> I have some odds and ends in mysql tables- version 4.01 I think.  Has
> anybody 'upgraded' to 5, and are there any gotchas?  Looking for any
> first-hand experience.

I was reading up on this. The official MySQL upgrade guide (somewhere on
MySQL.com I think) says you should go to 4.1, then 5.

If it were me, I'd back it up, then try going from 4.0 to 5, and test it
to see if it worked.

I have seen a system that updated from 3.x to 5.0, I don't know the
exact steps they took, but the DB performance improved.

-dc