[Cialug] Pod Casting

D. Joe Anderson deejoe at raccoon.com
Wed Aug 31 22:50:04 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 07:53:12PM -0500, Kevin C. Smith wrote:

> Any suggestions for a Linux friendly mp3 player. It would be nice
> if it also played ogg vorbis files, and act as a USB drive as well.

I've seen Samsung players at Best Buy that listed ogg as a
supported format.

A bit more bulky and tricky on the power management front, but
my wife's Zire takes an SD card and one can get an app for it
that plays ogg, and of course it has that whole PDA thing going
for it.  More pricey, but since it is to a degree
reprogrammable, somewhat less likely to become a paperweight,
assuming you can be bothered to lug it around (bigger than an
iPod shuffle by a long shot, about the size of, but less
capacious than, the full-sized iPods).

--
Joe