[Cialug] SFD Update

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Mon Aug 29 22:33:03 CDT 2005

I did a press release to the various news agencies in town today.
A link to the press release is on our front page.

I've received the supplies:

1 - T-shirt -- I'm keeping that for myself; it's ugly anyway ;)
5 - Balloons
40 - Tattoos
100 - TheOpenCD CDs

TheOpenCD contains Windows FOSS software: 7-Zip, AbiWord, Audacity,
Battle for Wesnoth, Celestia, Gaim, Gimp, Notepad2, PDFCreator,
Screensavers, NVU, Sokoban, OpenOffice.org, Firefox, Thunderbird
and TuxPaint. The software appears to be update to date. It also
contains three free books and is an Ubuntu Live CD.

NOTE: The CDs are not Linux install CDs, so we do need to burn.
I haven't heard back from Theron, but the last contact I had with
him stated that he had about 100 Ubuntu CDs. We will need other
distros.

Remember to get our posters out. Things are in place we just need
people to show now.

--
Kevin C. Smith
Open Your Mind to Free Software