[Cialug] LDAP

Bryan Baker ka_klick at mac.com
Sat Aug 27 13:39:58 CDT 2005

I can confirm that I use it, and it rocks!
I initially did LDAP setup using command line / editing text files,
etc, but now admin stiff through phpldapadmin - oops, just realized
that's a different project, what I use is:

http://phpldapadmin.sourceforge.net/

I currently only maintain it as an address book server (no
authentication) - the main problem with which is Mozilla (the primary
client we use) does not use a completely standard schema. It's close
to InetOrgPerson but not quite. With a couple tweeks though, I was
able to add a couple custom fields to make all the features we use work.