[Cialug] DNS Issues

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Wed Aug 24 14:12:22 CDT 2005

Here's my update .... After continuing to work on it late last night, I
ended up rebooting the BSD firewall because packets was getting there
(I ran a tcpdump from the firewall) but not getting out.  That seemed
to reset things to read DNS, but then Postfix began to object to the
alias IP address, so I just rolled back all the alias IP address
changes I had made to get it back to where it was.  I followed the
instructions I had gathered on how to do this, but I guess I did
something wrong somewhere.  This is also a very old machine
hardware-wise, so I am hoping they will upgrade the machine so we can
get beyond some flakiness that happens because it is old.

Thanks for all your contributions and suggestions. They gave me helpful
hints of things to check.

Stuart