[Cialug] "screen" for X

James Shoemaker james at dhlake.com
Tue Aug 23 22:10:53 CDT 2005

Chris Hilton wrote:
> I think you need to differentiate it from what people typically think of
> as a frame buffer..  Which, TMK, is something on a tty that allows you
> to see something other than a character map.
>
> That's probably what Paul thought you were talking about.

	When I refer to frame-buffer based I am referring to a remote system
that merely mirrors the whole screen remotely what I was looking for is
a way to remotely run a graphical app and have it display on my screen,
not the whole remote screen, just the one app.  X does this nicely, but
when you lose the connection you can't get it back.

James