[Cialug] Quick scripting

Jerry Weida jweida at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 13:55:14 CDT 2005

I used to use PHP for shell scripting because it was what I knew best, but
then I learned ksh/bash and perl and I find that those generally work
better. I can get many things done more "natively" than using several "exec"
and "system" commands. I also like Perl's text matching/parsing (read:
regex) functions better.