[Cialug] meeting notes

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Aug 22 09:23:58 CDT 2005

Notes are posted at
http://www.cialug.org/ewiki/?id=Meeting+Notes+-+2005-08

Please add anything you recollect.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701

dave at visionary.com wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 18, 2005, Dan Hockey <icepuck2k at mchsi.com> said:
>

>>dave, where do I send it to? send it in the email or as an attached
file.
>>-dh
>>

>Please send as plain text in the body of your email. As you may have
seen
>from the previous message from n.d. - mailman doesn't like attachments.
>
>-dc
>

>Cialug mailing list
>Cialug at cialug.org

           CIALUG Meeting notes for 8-17-2005

   misc chatter before the meeting, thus I was volunteered to take
notes...

wiki
   talked about updates to wiki and ways to stop pr0n spam

installfest
   contacts at dmregister and kcci for installfest promo
   installfest poster and distribution of posters
   distribution of responsibilities
   don was volunteered(as he walked in late) for possible state fair
coverage
   barry's local debian mirror for the instalfest

misc stuff
   dice surplus hardware
   alpha linux
   linux bumper stickers/window stickers
   running windows virus' in wine on linux

podcaching
   ipodder.org
   podcastalley.com
   mp3s via an rss feed
   various ways to mod an ipod

next months meeting
   different ways to trash your computer...... ;)
   I'll bring the chop saw....

Cialug mailing list
Cialug at cialug.org