[Cialug] SpamAssassin

Claus cniesen at gmx.net
Tue Aug 16 16:30:45 CDT 2005

> If you're doing this for only one person
> I'd suggest just using a mail client like
> Thunderbird with a built in trainable junk
> filter.

*Warning: Personal Opinion*

I never highly value client side trainable spam filters.  But then I
guess I'm apparently the only one who checks my mail from 4 different
locations (3 different computers with Thunderbird running and a webmail
interface).  So anything client side isn't good enough for me.

I'd recommend to use spamassassin with bayesian filter on individual
mailboxes at the server side.  Just make sure the client has a way to
train false positive and negatives.

However, I'm pondering to add graylisting (using OpenBSD's spamd) to
reject spam messages earlier in the process.