[Cialug] Venting

Chris Hilton chris129 at cs.iastate.edu
Thu Aug 11 11:36:54 CDT 2005

Because if Jackie the know-little has it skip something during install
this will be the best way to force her to ask a question about why it
failed?
It probably passes the media check because it's a straight-through  read
of the cd, none of this seeking back and forth; and it only takes a
couple minutes to read the disc.
But I think there are other things that can cause this problem.

Oh the other reason:  It doesn't know it's not an essential package.  I
don't think it's that smart at all, I think it just follows a package
list.
I had fedora 3 for alpha fail at 50% on the final part where it's
installing grub...  Since I'd had a very well functioning fbsd system
before (wasn't my idea to erase that) I was quite annoyed to see fedora
fail there...