[Cialug] Fedora upgrades

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Aug 9 16:38:36 CDT 2005

I have upgraded RH9 to FC2 and FC1 to FC2. However, if you install
anything that is
not from Fedora, the upgrade doesn't work so well.  So if you use
FreshRPMs, Dag,
Livna, RPMForge, ATRPMS, etc, upgrading is not a good idea.

Also, if you need to sync a palm, wait.  There is a bug in FC4 for which
I am still waiting
on resolution.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701

>>>smith at ipmvs.com 08/09/05 4:32 pm >>>

I have a box running FC2 I would like to upgrade to FC4.  Does FC
actually
do upgrades and if they do, has anybody had any luck with them (first
hand)
and do you know of any gotchas?

Thanks.

-Nate

Nathan Smith  McKee, Voorhees & Sease, P.L.C.  515.288.3667

Cialug mailing list
Cialug at cialug.org