[Cialug] IRC Meeting Announcement - SFD Marketing Team

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Thu Aug 4 21:54:29 CDT 2005

We need to move on the marketing end of our Software Freedom Day (SFD)
event. So I'm calling a meeting. I'm going to need some help. We need
some people to help brainstorm ideas and then help complete them by
the end of next week.

Where: IRC channel is #cialug on FreeNode
When: Sunday August 07, 2005 at 9:00 PM

IRC Meeting Agenda

A. Marketing
  1. Promotional Material
  2. Advertising (e-mail, poster, press release, newspapers, ?).
  3. Determine that Date to start promoting (should be soon, 15th).

B. The Marketing Team
  1. Who is on this team?
  2. Task assignments

The rule to follow if you join:
Report back to the me regarding progress often! Mail to
freedom at cialug.org will get to me. I will need to know what
is falling to the wayside so I can keep stuff on track.

I'm not an IRC person so I hope this works.
If those that want to participate also would rather meet for drinks
instead I'm up for that instead :) But, I'll assume IRC until I see
the responses requesting otherwise.

I want to make this our best event yet, and marketing is the key to
to that.

--
Kevin C. Smith
Open Your Mind to Free Software