[Cialug] sendmail

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Thu Aug 4 13:37:03 CDT 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, n.d wrote:
> i apologize. i did not mean that it will be recieving mail. it will be
> generating it and it needs to send it out.
> would a line like:
> .    esmtp:192.168.0.*

No, you need all of the pieces I put. The thing in the [] is the IP of the
mail server you want things to go out of. You need brackets to skip  MX
lookups.

> be what i'm looking for?? (in /etc/mail/mailertable)
>
> Dave Weis wrote:
>

>> why is your web server receiving inbound mail? or is your web server
>> generating outbound mail? You can edit /etc/mail/mailertable and add a line
>> like
>>
>> .        esmtp:[hostname or ip]
>>
>>> From /etc/mail run make, restart sendmail, and see what happens.
>>

>> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, n.d wrote:
>>
>>> i want it to send all mail it gets to another server. nondiscriminant is
>>> what i'm looking for.  i've tried smtp direct delivery and its being
>>> stupid for some reason and i'm not in the mood to fix it heh. so i'm going
>>> to try sendmail and pray that does that job while i get around to fixing
>>> the smtp issue.
>>>
>>> thanks

Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent
                       encroachments of those in power than by violent
                       and sudden usurpations."- James Madison